Once RTRA has received an application and before a rider is accepted into the program, they must first come for an assessment. The assessment appointment helps us determine the riders individual needs such as suitability, class type, physical activity tolerance, mounting technique, volunteer assistance requirements, horse assignment, appropriate equipment, availability and goals. Riders are then placed in any vacancies according to their needs and suitability with the other rider in the lesson. There is no fee for the assessment appointment.
Riders/families are required to assist in fundraising efforts
Physician’s referral is required as part of the application package/process
Sessions run in conjunction with the school year, starting in September and can be anywhere from 9-12 weeks in length. View 2017 Schedule
- Fall – September start
- Winter – January start
- Spring – April start
- Summer – July (4 weeks only)
- Summer Camps (1 summer camps at the end of August each year)
Regular Session Lessons Times are
- Mondays 10am – 12 & 3-5:10 pm
- Tuesdays 10am -12:45 pm & 3 – 5:10pm
- Wednesdays 10am-12:45 & 3-5:10pm
- Sessions are based on a $35.00 per lesson fee multiplied by the length of the session. (10 weeks = $350.00)
- Riders/families must pay a $25.00 annual membership fee to belong to the program and this membership renews each September.
Richmond Therapeutic Riding Association brings smiles to all ages: